Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Truth About Needles

Today I had the distinct pleasure of giving blood.  I know some of you are wondering why a cancer patient would give blood.  In my case it was pretty simple decision, as my doctor requested that they take it from me, so instead of having my blood taken I gladly gave it.  I know that I have said that needles scare me, the truth is that I actually like to watch it when they stick them in.  Morbid I think, but for some reason it is easier to watch them poke me then to turn my head.  I guess that is because I am a person that doesn't like surprises.  I want to know what is wrapped in the box weeks before I open it, I will even try to connive my children and wife into telling me what is in my Christmas presents.  The one thing that I hate more than needles is the anticipation of the needle going into my skin, I want to watch so that I know exactly when it is going in.  Tomorrow I get to have a PT scan, which includes more needles (I will watch them go in also), and some pictures (I better wear nice clothes).  Until then.

2 comments:

  1. I kind of like learning all of these little 'truths' about you! You are multi-faceted
    to be sure! First, smoking at the age of 8! And conniving your family! But, Trinity...., you WATCH the needles go in! No, tell me that you are just 'needling' me with that tidbit of info!
    Say it ain't so!!!

    Seriously Trinity, I am very, very proud of you.
    I'll be praying,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got queasy reading this post. Maybe a warning next time? lol

    ReplyDelete