Friday, February 13, 2009

Run.

Before Christmas as many of you already know I began to get myself in shape by exercising and eating properly.  I am glad to say that since that time I have been able to drop about 40 pounds, now some of that might be do to my condition, but I have been working really hard at getting in shape also.  My whole adult life I have struggled with weight and exercise, I always knew that if I would jog that my weight wouldn't be as much of a problem.  For me the idea of running without someone chasing me or me chasing someone seemed useless.  Starting is always the hardest part about any exercise especially running.  In January I started to run consistently for the first time in my life and I was doing pretty good at it until last Friday.  When I had my port installed they told me that I couldn't run for two weeks, what a let down.  I have continued exercising by gong for long walks in the evening, but I miss my runs every other day.  I look forward to being able to run in the next week or so.  To put it honestly I am ready to have my life back and not be dealing with this time waster called cancer.  I will run again, and I will be strong, and cancer will be gone.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you on the weight loss! I think it's great that you have started a regimen for yourself. You'll be back to running before you know it! Hang in there Trinity.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think once this cancer is gone you are going to be the weight you always dreamed of being and you are going to FEEL GREAT and you are going to have a whole new wardrobe. Shout now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm proud of you. You are an inspiration. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those days where coach lynn used to make us run...they were hot, humid and miserable days. I always wondered, "What does running have to do with volleyball?" "Why do we have to go through this?" "I just wanted to be a volleyball player...not a track star." It wasn't until my senior year that I started to look at it from another perspective...I started running a couple miles a day after practice with one of my friends who wanted to get into shape. Before I knew it I was up to 5 miles a day. With each day of running I noticed an improvement in my volleyball skills. The connection between the two started to sink in. I quickly realized that in order to play my best game I had to keep running...if I stopped running I wouldn't be at my fullest potential. The same is true in the battles of life. Sometimes in order to be able to do our best in life we have to be pushed a little harder. Right now is your time of being pressed a little harder....soon u will see the finish line and u will know that this run you are completing is only preparing you for what is ahead so strap on those running shoes and keep putting one foot in front of another! As you keep running know that all of us on the sideline are waiting to see you at the finish line while you leave your competitor cancer in the dust! I'm praying for God to give you the strength you need to keep moving forward!!! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete