Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sorry.

Yesterday was a pretty large day for me as I went through two procedures, looked for a dog, and spent time with the family.  I had my Smart Port installed into my chest.  The port is pretty cool, I hope I get to keep it after it comes out.  I then had my bone-marrow taken out of my hip.  The whole series of procedures was supposed to be done under full anesthesia, however if you drink some water before going then they have to keep you awake.  I found that out the hard way, it was pretty neat knowing when they were cutting and cauterizing my vessels on the install of my port, but I don't remember the bone marrow tap.  Misty was there to drive me home and listen to me talk out of my head.  We finished the morning with a nice sashimi and sushi lunch at Samurai Blue in Ybor.  What a day it was.

2 comments:

  1. Trinity,

    You are braver than I ever gave you credit for. You ate SUSHI for lunch?! What is up with you Mackley's?

    Seriously though, I was wondering about you, but I figured you were sleeping. I'm really glad that you don't remember the tap! Thankfully, this part of your journey is over.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Ann might be right...it takes as much bravery to eat sushi as it does to get a bone marrow thingy done or a port. Eeeckkk! :)

    Thanks for blogging today...it's nice to hear the update. Even though I can just ask you or pick up the phone and call I enjoy reading it.

    Okay so some of the most painful things are now past -- and successfully and it's time to move forward to get the next phase done!!! And on with life!! Halleluiah!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete