Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Big!

Today was a little more eventful than yesterday, I received a call from the nurse at my doctor's office and was told that I have stageIIIA at this point and that they have not received the results from my bone marrow biopsy.  They also informed me that what they once thought would take about four months of chemo will now take six months.  I truly believe that the bigger the need the bigger the miracle and that God is still in control no matter what the prognosis.  Needless to say I was still a bit bummed about the ordeal.  I know that God is going to heal me whether with the doctor's help or just supernaturally, but the ordeal has made me look at the issue of life and death in a manner that I would never have in the past.  I ask myself, "have I done all in this life that I was meant to do? Has my life amounted to anything of value?  Have I made a significant splash?"  I don't want to sound philosophical or even down trodden, but I feel that we are put on this earth for a purpose that only we can meet.  Life is more than just a coincidence or a flash in time.  I have come to understand that in order to accept life we must also accept death, as there can be no protagonist if there fails to be an antagonist.  The climax in life does not end in death, but in living.  Death is not an end to life, but merely a pit stop along the way.  I do not fear death, neither do I welcome it with open arms as I feel that my purpose is not complete.  I plan to live many years past cancer, however those years will be lived differently from the ones before cancer.  I pray that cancer teaches me how to be a better husband, father, minister, and person.  I want to love people more than I did before, and show more compassion to those in need of it.  

7 comments:

  1. No matter what stage you are in God is still the one directing this show...and at the end of this there will be fireworks and a time of celebration. Keep looking to your Director and he will give u the direction, wisdom, and strength you need.
    I truly believe that if anyone can beat this cancer it will be you....because I know God is not done with you yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds to me like Satan's trying to derail your purpose. Trinity, resolve to man your battle stations! Just as David defeated Goliath, you can beat the big C! Now I know that we all have an appointed time to die, and none of us knows when that day will come, so regardless of our health issues at present, we all need to try to live our lives as though this will be our last day on earth. This is just a good reminder for us. And remember Trin, it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings!!!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has so much more for u!!! Just wanted to let you know what an impact you have had on Devon we have been reading your blog together and every night he prays for you. I am so thankful that God placed us at Northside. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has so much more for you! Just wanted to let you know how much of an impact you have had on my son (Devon) He has been reading your blog with me and praying for you every night. I am so thankful that God placed us at Northside so that Devon has such Godly men around him to mold him! We love you thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to tell you, if you don't already know it.. that you have brought value to my life. I love the man you have become. Passionate, caring, forgiving, and open would be words to describe you.. to me. The last being something I have seen a change in as years have passed.

    You do have much more to do. You know we both come to the same conclusion about life in different ways. However, the fact that you live by what you believe is HUGE and awesome. You will come out of this experience a different person, but you will appreciate things, people, and life in a different way.

    Stay strong and remember you are loved by many. Remember that you may not be strong enough to do things on your own. You might even get down. Don't be afraid to ask your family for help and strength. We will always be here for you.

    I love you cuz! :-*

    Sarah "C"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes. I think I need to clarify my comment. When I said awesome, I mean the spiritual revelations you are having...and what God is teaching you, not the fact that the cancer was worse than expected. Geez, that really could have been taken wrong except I'm sure you did figure out what I meant by it. Love you

    ReplyDelete