Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chemo Sunrise.

The joys of chemo are starting to wear thin.  One of the effects that chemo has is that when I awaken in the morning I feel as if I have not slept at all.  It is on mornings like these that I have to get up for more than just the feeling of having rested, I must get up to live.  I know that people tend to stay in bed when they don't feel like getting up, for me that is how I used to be, but chemo makes all things different.  I know that if I were to stay in bed the feeling of defeat could easily take over and this fight would be lost.  I push through not because I want to, but because my very life depends on it.  The same holds true with our spiritual lives, if we give in to what our mind says we should do, then our spirit will die.  Just as in life we must gather the courage to get up so that we can live victoriously over the evil that so wants to destroy us.  If we stay in bed then we lose the fight.  I encourage you to get up because your spiritual life depends on it.

3 comments:

  1. Sweetie, you continue to amaze me! You definitely have your priorities right and it's that determination and fight not to give in that will make you victorious in this 'season' of your life. I've always been proud of you, but more so now. Your Momma and Dad sure raised you right! And I'm especially glad that you love the Lord with every part of your being. Your love and faith in the Lord shows in so many ways. You will most certainly impact lives for His glory as you continue in this journey. Count it all joy, Trinity. When this is over and you see the end results of this trial, you will be astounded! May we all follow your example when trials come our way. Your Grandpa Cleo is in Heaven's grandstands shouting, "that's my grandson! Isn't he something"! We are all proud of you.
    All my love,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU , you make me stand up and shout I am married to this wonderful man. love you babe

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all proud of you, Trinity! Keep going...keep growing. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete