Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Boring Day!!!

Today I awoke with all of the anticipation that today might be the day.  I really felt that today someone would come on the news with a special news bulletin "this just in, cure for all types of cancer found today written on a napkin found in King Tut's tomb."  I guess today wasn't that day, nor do I think it will happen tomorrow.  It will probably happen on the day after my last chemo treatment.  On a serious note, not much has happened in the world of cancer since my last blog, which for me that is not a bad thing.  I am glad that of all of the diseases that a person could have mine should be over in just a few short months, instead of dealing with it for a lifetime.  I can't even imagine the turmoil people go through when they have a disease that will stick around for life.  I know that I am strong, but I am not that strong.  I think that I would much rather have cancer than a disease like MS or MD, with cancer I can still feel well on most days.  My hat goes off to those people that suffer from lifelong ailments.  

3 comments:

  1. Any disease is awful, but I know what you are saying Trinity. I watched my neighbor go to dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours a pop in order to have her blood cleaned due to her kidney failure. She was only 54. And she had only so much time left and she knew that. So, things could always be worse. We all have much to be grateful for, but we take to much for granted until something reminds us to count our blessings. That's what I love about your attitude, you manage to find the up-side of things! That's half the battle right there!!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trinity!
    Thanks for the blog, and the updates!

    I have several questions for you, that perhaps you can include in future blog posts. :0)

    How is Misty? Is she doing okay? I know it is very hard on the spouse.

    What about your kids? The church kids? I know most don't comprehend, and life quickly moves on with them... but is there anything specific we should remember in our prayers?

    Finally, how did this all start? What is the beginning of your cancer story? What prompted you to go to the doctor?

    Love, hugs, and prayers...
    ~Sharon~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you for looking on the bright side of things!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete