Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What Is Time?

When the doctor informed me that I would have to go through six months of chemotherapy the amount of time seemed like an eternity.  I thought to myself of all the things that I would miss out on in that time and the torture that my body would be going through.  Six months in the broad scope of things is not very long at all.  I began to think of those that suffer for that time or longer just learning how to walk with a prosthetic leg, or recovering from a spinal injury to be bound to a wheel chair for life.  When I began to look at things in that light I realized that my six months of torture isn't as bad as it could be, heck women go through nine month of being nauseous, which is three months longer than my projected time.  Right now there are guys and gals coming back from the battlefield that not only will suffer for a time from the pain of their wounds, but will have to adjust to living with scars that are much deeper than the ones that I will incur.  My time of suffering doesn't look so bad in comparison to what others must go through, and for that I am extremely thankful.  Yeah, I won't get to ride with my top down for a while or go to the beach, but in six short months the weather in Florida will still be like summer, and that top is going to be off while I am on my way to the beach to swim and get sunburned just like every summer since I moved to Florida. 

3 comments:

  1. Ok Trinity, I'm learning way too much about you! First item; you eat sushi...ugh, 2nd item; you enjoy scaring little children, 3rd item; you are a beach bum, and lastly; you like to go topless???? Hey, at least you are adventurous!! Whatever floats your boat! But, seriously, the thing I've most discovered about you is how completely anchored you are in your relationship to God. Attitude is everything and you certainly have the right mindset to fight this thing. We all have so much to be thankful for because things could always be worse. You are teaching me, Trinity, how to cope when one becomes overwhelmed by life's storms. You are setting a wonderful example for all of us. I thank God for you!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's Misty that likes to go topless.

    Different story for a different day. So much no one knows about this dear couple.

    Anyway, yes T you have an awesome mindset and we are just so proud of you! What an example.

    We love you more everyday if it's possible!!!

    PD & PL (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trin,

    I love your attitude about all of this. I know you have miserable days, but remembering the good stuff is the way to keep going. It's not easy living with disease, I know, but if anyone can, it's you!

    Much love,
    Mary (Ruth) Christy

    ReplyDelete