Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Awesome Week.

When I found out that I had cancer people told me that life would find a new normal, and that everything would be looked at through the eyes of cancer.  That little bit of advice cannot be any further from the truth.  Since my diagnosis in January, I have tried to maintain life as normal and too much of my own surprise my efforts have been successful.  There are times when I suffer from Chemo Brain, but for the most part life is lived just as it was prior to the big "C" and in some cases my life and health are better.  This week is one of those times where the big "C" has had little effect on the success or failure of the things that I have pursued, and for that I thank God.

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! With God's grace and your attitude, you can't lose! This is exactly why we should try to remember to live one day at a time and savor the 'gifts' of each day that God allots to us. I'm so thankful that you are obtaining a healthier lifestyle, that sure can't hurt anything! Hurry up and get this behind you and come see us! Grandma Lois said she can remember you, as a little boy, coming up to the house wearing your cowboy hat, cowboy boots, and shorts. You'd sit down in the floor, cross your legs and say, "well.., I'm here"!!!
    My point is this..., you were/are an amazing guy, and everyone who's life is touched by yours is blessed indeed. As soon as you can, pack your bags and your cowboy hat, ok? We'll be looking for you!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're attitude is great, and we are all proud of you!

    Keep going!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm new to your blog. I know what you mean. When we had a terrible accident and 3 of my four kids were in ICU, then rehab, the Lord told me the same thing. Only He told me "don't let this become 'normal' to you." So I found a church in the town we were in to attend, I shopped, I fixed my own food at the Ronald McDonald House and I ministered to others more than thinking about my own situation. I was the only white person in a black church--I felt like an oreo cookie, but it was a good experience! I also saw God do miraculous healing in my family and those we met at the hospital and will be praying the same for you! I can attest that God is ALWAYS up to something good, no matter how hard the circumstances are that we find ourselves in, He is ALWAYS up to something good because that is who HE is! And as we look more to what He is up to and less to where we are, the more we come to realize that He truly does "take what the devil meant for harm, and use it for our good."

    ReplyDelete