Thursday, March 12, 2009

One Week

Today marks the day that I celebrate every two weeks, the one week before and after chemo treatments.  This round has been much better than the last time in the sense that I have been able to get back to life much quicker than the last time.  Since my treatment last Thursday I have walked nearly every night and ran one evening.  My kids still don't quite understand my situation and Celeena still thinks that the bump from the port in my chest is the reason I am sick.  Their simple understanding of my condition is just one more reason that I must live through it.  How can a child that cannot fully comprehend why their daddy is sick understand why their daddy died?  The thought of someone having to explain this complexity to them is reason enough to keep on living.

4 comments:

  1. Trin,

    I'm so glad that this week was better than last week for you. May they continue to get easier to handle. According to scripture, we are not suppose to worry about tomorrow (hard to do, I know), so try to live each day to it's fullest and always remember..."This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it"! He has everything covered. We just have to trust Him and His plan for us. Sometimes we have to blindly walk by faith. All we need is just the size of a mustard seed. Ever seen one? They are so small!! Keep the faith!
    Grandma Lois sends her love. We are praying for all of you. I love you, too!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is a sobering post to think about and I'm so glad the Lord is going to heal you 100% because, wow, I don't even want to think about the opposite for a sec. I am not even considering it. Children don't understand and it's my prayer that all this will be a distant memory in a few months, for you and your family. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trinity,
    I am thankful your children will not have to ask that question. Gods promise is that you will see your children s children. I have been blessed by the fulfillment of the promise. In February you posted:(I cannot imagine going through this and knowing that death was to be the end result. The people that do that really have courage that I can't even begin to imagine.)I remember your uncle Rick going through chemo knowing that the end result will still be death. The Chemo provided him the ability to spend quality time with his family and time to be able to set things right with them. God gave him peace in the grips of death. As all have sinned and fall short of God s Glory, We need his Grace to be able to have peace in the grips of death. You have this gift from God, it is a gift of Courage and peace. I pray that you will also display this gift no matter the trial. And pass this gift by example to all you touch. A spiritually proud Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be sure I am relaying my message to you, so I will add. You have since a little boy trusted in God. You have displayed a blind faith that with God you could do any thing most of your life. God has given you the courage and peace you see in those folks, whether you realize it or not. I have seen you grab the bull by the horns and enjoy life at the same time. I love you son.

    ReplyDelete