Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More Poison, But I Ain't Scared

Tomorrow I get the joy of adding more poison to my body, not something that I look forward to but something that is necessary for my survival.  This entire process has been a learning experience for me.  I have learned more about myself through this than any other single event in my life.  Cancer has shown me not only my weaknesses but also my strengths.  One of those strengths is my ability to put faith in God to handle my situations when most people would worry.  Tonight in our Bible study at church we talked about fear, one of the questions dealt with what fears we have.  The only true fear that I could think of is not being able to accomplish in my life what God wants me to accomplish, I don't fear death or any other thing that most people fear.  What in life do we really have to fear?  Should we fear the unknown, death, public speaking, or anything else?  As someone that is facing a slim possibility of death, I feel no reason to fear it.  The unknown is like a mystery that invokes a thrill ride such as a roller coaster in a dark tunnel, you can't see what is ahead but that is where the thrill comes.  I encourage you to look into your fears, and defeat them in any way possible.  Fear is only a restraint of the devil that keeps people from truly experiencing the joy of life as God intended.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You never cease to amaze me. What you have just expressed so well, most people never learn in a lifetime. You continue to reflect what the christian walk is all about. Your body may be struggling now, but "It is well with my (your) soul"!! You are like a lighthouse Trin, whose beam is leading the way to shelter from these storms of life. May we all follow your example of what being a christian really means. Loving God, trusting God, and praising God through it all. You are a blessing to us all. I thank my God for you and I love you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete