Sunday, March 1, 2009

Run For Your Life!

When I found out that I could have something seriously wrong with my health I decided that it was time to get serious about how I treated my body.  As some of you might already know I have lost nearly fifty pounds since Christmas.  One of the things that I have incorporated into my life is running.  I like running for the simple fact that it allows me to do more of one of my favorite activities, eating.  I know that prior to exercising my heart and blood pressure numbers were all higher than I would like, and after just one month of exercising my numbers dropped drastically. One of the numbers that dropped surprisingly was my fasting blood sugar levels, exercise has brought them into the normal range.  Cancer has tried to stop me from exercising, and at times it is successful, but I will not let it stop me from achieving what I need to achieve in my fitness goals.  When I am finished with cancer I will be meaner and leaner than I ever have, and that will allow me to live how I have always wanted (on the edge).  I will no longer be restricted by my body from doing things like skydiving, rock climbing, scuba diving, bull riding, or anything else that I put my mind too.  I don't run for fitness, I run for my life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I may not recognize you the next time I see you! See, there are reasons for everything. Cancer is not going to defeat you, it is going to help you get your 'temple' physically fit! It helps to motivate you now! Savor each day Trin, and if you live your life on the edge that's fine, just don't pick a chute with a rip in it!!! God's hand is on you, and His angels have charge over you. You are covered!!! Go for it!

    Love,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your entire blog today. You are much stronger than I would be. When my wife, Heather, told me what was going on, I was shocked. But now I'm barely worried b/c I do believe you're going to win this battle. I do pray for you and hope your struggles are small. I've started running to lose weight as well. You should come to Cape Girardeau in May and run a 5K with me. Our station, KFVS12, is hosting one. Your story would make a great news story as well.

    Good luck,
    Derek Dickerson

    ReplyDelete