Saturday, January 24, 2009

Day Three

Today was wonderful, I spent it with the family at home, then later went to dinner with my pastors.  I have appreciated all of the letters and prayers that I have received throughout the past few days, I never realized that people would come out of the woodwork so much with their inspiring stories and battles with cancer.  I find it amazing that people who have not had someone close to them survive cancer think that it is a death sentence, but the further I go on this journey the more I realize how many people have been exactly where I am and have lived to tell about it.  When it come to people with cancer there are two types, those that have cancer and those who cancer has them.  The latter are the ones that seem to succumb to it's terrible grasp.  I want to just be one of those people who has cancer, I control it, not the other way around.  I hope that in this journey I can be of encouragement to those who I come into contact with, both those with and those without cancer.  I hope that my faith will inspire you all to grow spiritually, as I plan to grow through this journey that God has given me the opportunity to travel.  I know that some of you won't understand why I call this an opportunity, I hope and pray that one day you will understand.  

5 comments:

  1. Tonight as I was praying, the Lord inspired me with these words and I wrote a song for you...

    I'm a survivor (what),
    I'm not gonna give up (what),
    I'm not gon' stop (what),
    I'm gonna work harder (what),
    I'm a survivor (what),
    I'm gonna make it (what),
    I will survive (what),
    Keep on survivin' (what),
    I'm a survivor (what),
    I'm not gonna give up (what),
    I'm not gon' stop (what),
    I'm gonna work harder (what),
    I'm a survivor (what),
    I'm gonna make it (what),
    I will survive (what),
    Keep on survivin' (what).

    Just kidding........! :-) Um, for anyone reading this who doesn't know, it's Destiny's Child who sang this song. BUT...

    Yes, YOU ARE GOING TO NOT JUST SURVIVE, YOU'RE GOING TO THRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Obstacle or opportunity?

    OPPORTUNITY ALL THE WAY.

    Love you and Misty so much...we had a blast with you tonight although we never solved the great debate but then again do we ever?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trinity,

    Just a quick note to let you know I'm thinking about you. I wish this hadn't happened to you, but I know you will get through it and be all the stronger for it. We're sending you virtual hugs. Hope you can feel the love.

    Love,

    Mary (Ruth) Christy
    Sylvia Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trinity,

    God's not through with you yet! Why, with your positive attitude and deep faith in God, He'll keep using you until the rapture of the church!
    You go, Trin!! I'm so stinkin' proud of you, it hurts!! Grandma and I are praying for you! Try to find the beauty in the journey, ok? It's out there somewhere.
    We love you!
    Ann and Grandma Lois
    Farmington, Mo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trin, My heart breaks yet I KNOW that God will turn this into something spectacular to glorify Him. You are such an inspiration....your words resonate deep into my soul. You are now on our prayer chain at OBPC and an Assembly of God church in Arkansas. We will pray you and your family through this. Blessings to you and yours, Janie Higgins-Bonham

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trinity, you are so special in my heart!!! I have been praying and thinking of you and your family everyday. With all my love, Aunt Holly Columbia, Mo

    ReplyDelete