Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's day

Wow, I didn't realize that it has been over a month since my last post. To be honest in the world of cancer, not much has changed, I wish I could be telling you that there is a cure that was found or something cool like that. Some of the unsung heroes in the fight against cancer are the children that have parents that are fighting the disease. Nothing points that out more than one of the cards that I got today, my kids wish for this battle to be over with just as much as I do. I can't imagine the fear and uncertainty that is in their little minds as I walk this long dark road, I do know that they have seen me at my weakest points. I am sad to say that when everyone sees me I sometimes put on a mask of confidence and hope, but my kids see me when I can barely move and when my spirits are down, that is certain to bring confusion to them. They still see me as Superman, but they also are aware of my Kryptonite. I continue to fight this for them, but with them being next to me in the trenches I cannot help but wonder what effect either good or bad this might have on them.

2 comments:

  1. Trinity,

    Those children are learning, by example from both you and Misty, to trust the Lord with all your heart, to stand strong in the face of adversity, that it's ok to be human and wonder why bad things happen to good people, yet you are teaching them that through it all God is Sovereign and He has a master plan for which you and they can bring Him the glory. They are learning about life and how close relationships can be in a truly united family. They see the way you and Misty care for one another. They see the way you and Misty care for them. What a gift that is for Nate and Celena! Most kids nowadays don't live that kind of life, don't have that kind of family! How precious is that? Very!! What a gift! Keep doing what you've been doing, Trin. As a father and husband, God called you to lead your family and you are! Nate and Celena will know that they were blessed with amazing parents, regardless what life challenges come your way. Please don't doubt yourself Trin. You are awesome!!!
    Love,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You are teaching your kids so many important lessons right now and they are going to have this as a precious memory of when they walked through this with you. It will soon be a distant memory, praise the Lord. You have much to be proud of.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete