Thursday, July 9, 2009

Life

I just want to take the time to point out how amazing life truly is. I know that cancer at times can cast a shadow on life and it's joys, but I also have noticed that for me in particular it has caused me to stop and smell the roses. Tonight on my walk I chose to go through a neighborhood that I have passed but never strolled through. As I was walking on the side walk I noticed a beautiful aroma in the air, I looked up to see a tree with huge clusters of small flowers that smelled so wonderful and sweet. I walked slowly under that tree being careful to enjoy every bit of the scent that it was putting into the air. Amazing how so many times we just pass things like that tree in our hasty and busy lives, without enjoying the fragrance that is lurking in the air. We walk (or run) past the best things in life because we think that what we have planned is the best, but sometimes the things that aren't planned bring us the most joy.

3 comments:

  1. Now...., how old are you???? You never cease to amaze me, Trin! You are so right on, too! Your Grandma Lois loves to watch the sunset each evening. They are never the same. What a Creator we have!!! Just imagine what Heaven must be like! The aroma's, the colors, everything will be gorgeous! I am so glad that you got to relish that tree's fragrance. We all need to slow down and take everything in. Thanks for the reminder!
    Love ya!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things that aren't planned are from God and our plan is usually not. Joy comes from the Lord. So it makes sense that God's plan brings the most joy. Help us Lord!
    Hey buddy, just wanted to let you know I prayed for you today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so relate to this post. Thank you for sharing. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete