Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wife Is Good!!!

There are a lot of things in life that could cause more pain than cancer has for me.  I think about people that will never get to feel the warmth of having people around them that love them and I begin to cherish what I have.  one of the often unsaid victims of cancer is the spouse of the cancer patient, so much is spent in time and money on those that are diagnosed with cancer that the ones who love them seem to fall to the way side.  Since I started treatments my wife has not only had to under go the pains of her health issues, but she has had to endure the agony of mine as well.  She has had to increase the amount of things that she does around the house because of the added infectious problems that they can cause for me.  She has had to put up with me not being able to help with simple chores on the weekends after I have had treatments.  While most everybody that I come into contact with see me with a huge smile on my face, my wife has had to deal with my unusual grumpiness.  I truly think that the unsung heroes in the fight against cancer are the spouses of those who are diagnosed, they are tough.  

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you Trin...Misty, you are standing strong. Thanks for being the loving support that Trinity and the kids both need! I know you are facing your own health battle and you keep pressing on. You are both warriors to me! I believe you are both going to stand on top of this battle ground soon and satan is going to hold his white flag up...why? Because the battle has already been won thanks to Jesus Christ!!! Keep pressing on and remember that today you are one day closer to the healing God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Trin, God blessed you with a wonderful wife, to be sure! We are keeping all of you in our prayers and we are trusting God to bring you all through!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely...Misty is a hero. I knew that before you had cancer...but I know it even more now!

    She's a keeper!

    Love you both

    ReplyDelete