Monday, April 13, 2009

Dose four and a dog.

Wow, what a weekend.  Easter came so fast this year, almost as if it came without any warning.  We had a great service and gave out thousands of eggs to kids that were in attendance.  I had treatment on Thursday and suffered the usual stomach problems (constipation and nausea) as I have in the past.  My white blood cells have remained extremely well so far and I am only having a few side effects from the chemo.  On Friday I had a movie day with the children's church followed by shopping for Easter clothes.  When we got home at around 8PM we received information about a dog that needed a home, so we took an hour drive to go look at her, she is the sweetest dog.  We were a bit hesitant in getting her as we just lost our other dog from an unknown illness just three weeks ago, but we took her in regardless.  I got to spend some one on one time with her last night and within minutes I had her sitting on command, she is very smart. Her name is Julie and she is part Labrador mixed with some sort of shepherd, she is beautiful.  I know that some of you reading this are probably wondering why I would take on the adventure of a puppy while going through chemo.  Honestly, I know that without a dog I tend to not be as apt to go for nightly walks and runs as I should, cancer doesn't really help with weight loss as much as I had hoped so I still have to work at losing those unwanted pounds.  Julie will be a great companion for running and taking long walks, I hope to lose another seventy five pounds with her assistance.  The other bonus of adding a dog to the mix, is that she keeps the kids busy and forces them to pick up their toys.

2 comments:

  1. I've missed you! Glad your doing well, too! I'm happy to hear you took in another dog. Animals have such an amazing ability to reflect God's love in that, they love unconditionally, they are loyal, and they bring so much joy to our lives. When Julie looks at you with those adoring puppy dog eyes, just imagine God's look of love! Wow!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! We have missed your blogs. I see you everyday but it doesn't matter...I still miss when you don't share your thoughts in writing.

    You are right, Julie is such a sweet dog and a wonderful addition to your family. I am so glad you have her.

    And yes, Easter was AMAZING! And your suit was great!!!

    We had a great time with your family for dinner on Sunday. Pastor and I always love having you to the house...you are family to us and it wouldn't be the same without you here that is for sure. We are so blessed to have all of you in our lives. We love you and know the best is yet to come.

    Stay the course!!! Keep going!!! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete