Thursday, January 29, 2009

Port placement

I found out today that they will be placing the chemo port in me next Friday.  I have to bring a driver to take me home so that I don't have a wreck and die.  This will be my first time to be sedated, I am kind of looking forward to that new experience.  I know that many people with cancer say that in life they wish they could experience more things, I have experienced a lot of things but there are some that I could leave off of the list if given the chance.  Cancer is one of them.  I don't fear it, but it seems to be getting in the way of the things that I would rather be doing, such as building the Kingdom of God, but I guess if the King decides that I should go through it then He knows better than I do.  I just wish He would have consulted me before making any decisions.  The truth of the matter is that I have always looked forward to the challenges that adversity brings (I was one that hoped Y2K would have been real, just because it would have been interesting).  I like variety, sometimes the mundane gets boring, there are times that I like change just for the sense of change.  Those changes that are brought on by the challenges of adversity are what make life worth living.  Funny, but cancer makes life worth living.  To succumb to adversity (in this case cancer) is not an option, to overcome it however, is a challenge worth meeting.

5 comments:

  1. Trinity,

    I just love your attitude about all of this! You are an amazing young man. One thing is for sure, God is moving you to a new level and I'm certain that it will impact you and your ministry in a mighty way. Just remember that God is sovereign and He will never let you down!
    If God be for you, who can be against you? Hang tough!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are building the kingdom- just think how many lives you are influencing right now through this- never doubt that you are making a differnce in a life even through the adversity
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trin,
    You are funny and inspiring, all wrapped in one!
    Love ya,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trin,

    Experiencing cancer might change the way you look at some things in life, but it will not change the wonderful person you are!!!
    Love Ya, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only you would have looked forward to Y2K. You are uniquely you, for sure.

    Praying for you as they do the port, that it is as quick and painless as possible.

    ReplyDelete